Sunday, December 22, 2013

Soul Christmas In Store Promo, 1968

Here's a rare one!  When Atlantic released the excellent Soul Christmas LP in 1968, they also sent this promo disc out to record stores to promote the release, and added a sides worth of Booker T & The MG's Xmas tracks from their 1967 Stax Christmas release. My copy is the only one I've ever seen, and it's pretty beat but I'm stoked to have it in my collection.

A highlight of the set is Solomon Burke's gorgeous 'Presents For Christmas'

 A very radio friendly radio voice announces the tracks, and I included the intro and outro for Clarence Carter's 'Back Door Santa' right here for you, as it's easily the coolest voice over on the set!

My fave Booker T. track is their take on 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas'


No comments:

Post a Comment